Download class Notes handout file: Click “SAVE” & choose “PDF” Booklet (Portable Document File) for a printable file.
12.18.2022 – ADULT Sunday School – Life & Times of Moses, “Israel falls fast, Who you hang with matters” Numbers 25:1-18, Rick Bickel
REVIEW (12/11/2022) LESSON: Numbers 23 & 24; “If At First You Don’t Succeed, God Still Triumphs”
- Verses 23:1-10: The security SECURITY of the people of God.
- Verses 23:9: The HERITAGE of the people of God.
- Verses 23:9: The distinctive IDENTITY of the people of God. (
- Verses 23:10: The DESTINY of the people of God.
- Chapter 24: A demonstration of God’s sovereignty for the sake of COMFORTING the people of God.
- What motivated Balaam? MONEY, Power.
- What did God develop in you today (through this lesson)?
- 1. Find your comfort in ___________________________________.
- 2. Be warned _____________________________________________.
- Also reference: Deuteronomy 23:3-6; Joshua 13:22; 24:9-10; Nehemiah 13:1-3; Micah 6:5.
LESSON : 12-18-2022 – Numbers 26:1-18; ” Israel falls fast. Who your hang with matters.”
- 1. Verses 4-5: The SENTENCE by God because of their sin.
- 2. Verses 1-3: The DESCRIPTION of Israel’s sin.
- 3. Verses 6: The SHOCKING defiance of one man.
- 4. Verses 7-9: A STUNNING response by another man.
- 8. Verses 10-13: The SOVEREIGN verdict of God.
- 8.b. Verses 14-15: SOME THING important.
- 9. Verses 16-18: The STRIKE-down order from God.
- Chapter 27: A family with no sons – 5 daughters – asks for land across the Jordan…
- Chapter 28 & 29: The giving of offerings is spelled out in detail.
Notes on the book of NUMBERS:
- The Book of Numbers is the 4th book of the Old Testament (OT).
- Book of Numbers is also the 4th book in OT chronological order.
- Book of Numbers contains 36 chapters, 1,288 verses.
- Book of Numbers tells of the events that happened on Israel’s journey between the Exodus and the entry into the Promised Land.
- The Book of Numbers is all about God’s people “in the wilderness“:
- How they get there;
- How God deals with them in the wilderness; and
- How He brings them out of the wilderness on their way to the Promised Land.