Download class Notes handout file: Click “SAVE” & choose “PDF” Booklet (Portable Document File) for a printable file.
10.30.2022 – ADULT Sunday School – Life & Times of Moses, “The Gift of Ministry and The Gifts for Ministry” Numbers 18:1-32, Rick Bickel
REVIEW – (10/23/2022) LESSON: Numbers 17 LESSON: “Life in a Dead Stick, Affirming God’s Priesthood”
- Verses 1-5: A miracle is DESIGNED and commanded by God.
- Verses 6-9: The miracle occurs.
- Verses 10-11: The miracle is PRESERVED and explained.
- Verses 12-13: The people UNDERSTAND the significance of the miracle.
- I. In a general way, this chapter teaches that ALL true ministry comes from God (v. 1-11).
- II. The people get it, finally.
REVIEW – (10/23/2022) LESSON General SUMMARY:
- Numbers 15 dealt with offerings to be made after they got into the Promise Land as well as sin issues…and, the importance of tassels on their garments to remind them of God’s commandments.
- Numbers 16-17 deals with the issue of who has been set apart for the work of the tabernacle.
- Numbers 15-19 happen at unknown places and unknown times within the 37 years of wandering in the wilderness.
October 30 LESSON: Numbers 18:1-32; “The Gift of Ministry and The Gifts for Ministry”
- Verses 1-7: God gives His explanation of His APPOINTMENT of the priests and Levites.
- Verses 8-20: A description of the requirements to pay for the upkeep for the PRIESTS.
- Verses 21-24: The requirement that the LEVITES receive pay.
- Verses 25-32: The tithe FROM the Levites TO the priests.
- A. God’s gift of the priests and Levites to the people .
- B. Their gifts for ministry. (giving to the church)
October 30 – “Flip Forward” :
- Giving should be regular, planned, and private.
- Giving must be generous, freely given, and cheerful.
- Giving is to be sacrificial .
Notes on the book of NUMBERS:
- The Book of Numbers is the 4th book of the Old Testament (OT).
- Book of Numbers is also the 4th book in OT chronological order.
- Book of Numbers contains 36 chapters, 1,288 verses.
- Book of Numbers tells of the events that happened on Israel’s journey between the Exodus and the entry into the Promised Land.
- The Book of Numbers is all about God’s people “in the wilderness“:
- How they get there;
- How God deals with them in the wilderness; and
- How He brings them out of the wilderness on their way to the Promised Land.