Download class Notes handout file: Click “SAVE” & choose “PDF” Booklet (Portable Document File) for a printable file.
11.06.2022 – ADULT Sunday School – Life & Times of Moses, “Death is Coming, Purification,” Numbers 19:1-22, Rick Bickel
REVIEW – (10/30/2022) LESSON: Numbers 18 LESSON: “The Gift of Ministry and The Gifts for Ministry”
- Verses 1-7: God gives His explanation of His APPOINTMENT of the priests and Levites.
- Verses 8-20: A description of the requirements to pay for the upkeep for the PRIESTS.
- Verses 21-24: The requirement that the LEVITES receive pay.
- Verses 25-32: The tithe FROM the Levites TO the priests.
- A. God’s gift of the priests and Levites to the people .
- B. Their gifts for ministry. (giving to the church)
REVIEW > 10/30/2022 – “Flip Forward” :
- Giving should be regular, planned, and private.
- Giving must be generous, freely given, and cheerful.
- Giving is to be sacrificial .
LESSON 11-06-2022: Numbers 19:1-22; “Death is Coming, Purification“
- Verses 1-10: The PROVISION for purification.
- Verses 11-13: LAWS of purification.
- Verses 14-16: Specifics of defilement.
- Verses 17-19: How to be CLEANSED.
- Verses 20-22: The nature of uncleanness.
Comparisons of the (red) heifer and its cleansing to Christ and His work:
- 1. (Red) Heifer without BLEMISH.
- 2. The death of the (red) heifer in the past CONTINUES to affect cleansing later…
- 3. The only person who can administer the ashes, sprinkle the blood, and deliver the cleansing potency and effect of this sacrifice is a CLEAN person…(9,18)
- 4. The process of decontaminating those who have become defiled renders everyone involved in the process of decontamination contaminated…
- 5. However… (see Numbers 4 & 5)
- 6. The decontamination process is COSTLY.
- 7. The (red) heifer is slain outside the camp…(3)
Notes on the book of NUMBERS:
- The Book of Numbers is the 4th book of the Old Testament (OT).
- Book of Numbers is also the 4th book in OT chronological order.
- Book of Numbers contains 36 chapters, 1,288 verses.
- Book of Numbers tells of the events that happened on Israel’s journey between the Exodus and the entry into the Promised Land.
- The Book of Numbers is all about God’s people “in the wilderness“:
- How they get there;
- How God deals with them in the wilderness; and
- How He brings them out of the wilderness on their way to the Promised Land.